CELEBRATE NATIONAL PUREBRED DOG DAY WITH THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB
The American Kennel Club® (AKC) invites you to celebrate National Purebred Dog Day on May 1st. The annual celebration highlights the pride, predictability and purpose of purebred dogs, as well as the many ways these wonderful dogs impact humans every day.
Here are some ways to get involved:
· Have a favorite breed? Donate to a breed-specific rescue. The AKC has the largest network of purebred rescue groups in the nation. Visit www.akc.org for more information.
· Share your love for your purebred dog on social media with the hashtag #NationalPurebredDogDay.
· Spend some extra quality time with your pup! Go for a long walk, or snuggle up and watch AKC.TV, available via any connected device, including computers, tablets, phones, Apple TV and Roku.
· Try a new activity – there are tons of dog sports out there. From Agility and Obedience to Trick Dog and Scent Work, there’s something for everyone. Visit www.akc.org to learn about all the various sports available and to find a training club in your area.
· Thinking about getting a dog? Research what breeds would best fit your lifestyle at www.akc.org.
· Give your dog his favorite treat!
Check out this video celebrating National Purebred Dog Day!